Sauteed Jerusalem Artichokes with Garlic & Bay Leaves
Serve warm with salad or as a side to meat or fish
Recipe from Jamie Oliver
Other ideas for cooking artichokes– roast them with olive oil and herbs, add to mashed potatoes (50:50) with plenty of butter and pepper, or even grate them raw and add to a crunchy coleslaw!
- 600g Jerusalem Artichokes
- Olive Oil
- A few bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the artichokes and cut into chunks. Place in an oiled frying pan and fry on a medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Add a few bay leaves, 2 cloves of garlic (finely sliced) a splash of white wine vinegar and some salt and pepper to season.
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for around 20-25 minutes until they have softened. Remove the lid and the bay leaves and continue e cooking for a couple more minutes to crisp the artichokes up one last time, then serve straight away.