Parsnip, Carrot & Cauliflower Korma
Recipe adapted from Riverford Organics. Serves 4.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.5 cm ginger, peeled and chopped
- 300ml greek yoghurt
- 40g ground almonds
- 275g parsnips, peeled and diced
- 350g carrots, peeled and diced
- 275g small cauliflower florets
- Fresh coriander or parsley, and brown rice to serve
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion until golden brown.
- Stir in the dry spices, and when well mixed add the garlic and ginger. Stir gently, and add the yoghurt 1 tablespoon at a time. Add the almonds and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in 300ml of water and some salt, then add the vegetables. Cover and simmer for a final 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust seasonings if needed, and sprinkle with coriander or parsley to serve.