Organic date and almond bites
Ok, we’re not really sure if this qualifies as a recipe as so it’s so simple to make.
But it’s tastes great, is packed with energy and makes a perfect snack while out on a wintry walk.
What’s more, there are loads of things you can do to add pazazz:
- Try coating the dates in melted dark chocolate before letting them cool.
- Wrap each almond in a little marzipan before putting inside the dates.
- Gently warm some local honey, add a pinch of black pepper and any other spices you fancy, and coat the dates with the warming, spicy mix.
- Instead of almonds, try stuffing the dates with other types of nut, or even sliced apple!
- Organic dates
- Organic almonds
- Organic dark chocolate (optional)
- Use a sharp knife to slice each date
- Remove the stones
- Insert an almond into each date
- Put them in a bag, stuff them in your pocket and take them with you as a nutritious, delicious walking snack.