Grilled Aubergine, Halloumi & Pesto Burger
Posted in Vegetarian
Perfect for summer barbecues!
Ensure vegetarian pesto is used if you want these to be vegetarian.
- 1 medium aubergine
- 115g halloumi
- 3/4 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tsps pesto
- Tomato, lettuce & mayo to serve
- Cut the aubergine into 1/2 inch thick rounds at its widest part, and coat with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Slice the halloumi into 1/2 inch slices.
- On a hot grill, arrange the slices of aubergine and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Grill the halloumi on both sides until the grill marks appear (approx. 2 mins on each side).
- To assemble– spread mayo on both sides of the bun, layer the aubergine and halloumi and spread 1 tsp of pesto, add tomato and lettuce if desired!