Chargrilled Romanesco Salad
This makes a delicious side dish, or can be served as a main by simply adding cooked quinoa, or even fish. Serves 4
Recipe from Monica Shaw
- 1 x romanesco cauliflower
- 1 x tsp olive
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 x red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 handful dill, chopped
- salt & pepper to season
- Whisk the honey with the vinegar, then toss with the onions, raisins and a pinch of salt. If you have time leave this for 30 minutes to allow the raisins to plump up and the onions to soften.
- Cut the Romanesco into florets and steam for about 4 minutes, so tender but still crisp.
- Heat a grill pan on high heat, toss the cauliflower with olive oil then grill, turning occaisionaly so that it gets nice black crispy bits on all sides.
- Toss the chargrilled cauliflower in a bowl with the vinegar-onion-raisin mixture. Season as needed, and serve sprinkled with the sliced almonds and dill.