With so many fantastic cauliflowers from Shillingford Organics in the shop right now, we thought we’d share a special recipe to make use of them.
This gluten-free pizza recipe is (we think) tastier and healthier than the original.
It’s perfect for a night in on the sofa or as a lunchtime meal.
Customise with your favourite toppings and share your creations with us on social media!
- 1 head of cauliflower (~750g)
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Dried oregano
- Your choice of pizza toppings
- Chunk the cauliflower and blitz in a food processor until finely ground
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl, loosely cover and microwave for 5-6 minutes (until softened)
- Allow to cool then strain through a clean tea-towel to remove as much excess water as possible
- Transfer to a bowl and add the eggs, ground almonds and oregano, then mix well
- Spoon the mix onto an oven tray lined with greaseproof paper, and spread into a pizza base shape. Make it slightly thicker at the edges to form a crust
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Add your choice of toppings (sliced veggies, mozzarella, etc) and bake at 220C for ~10 minutes
- There you have it - a delicious gluten-free pizza