Autumn Pumpkin Soup
This warming soup is a delicious and healthy way to make use of the fantastic local pumpkins we’re so lucky to have on our doorstep.
It’s a great recipe for kids – especially if you’re carving pumpkins and don’t want to waste them!
Remember to use organic ingredients wherever possible, and serve with a freshly baked loaf of Emma’s Bread.
- Olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- ~1kg of pumpkin, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Seeds from the pumpkin - washed
- (optional) fresh cream
- Put some oil in a large pan and gently simmer the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the pumpkin, potatoes and carrots to the pan. Add a little salt at this stage to boost those lovely autumn flavours.
- Add a little water so the ingredients are just covered.
- Add your choice of herbs – freshly picked rosemary goes lovely.
- Cover and leave to simmer for around 50 minutes.
- When the veggies are soft, blend the lot until smooth and add a little local cream if desired.
- Top with the seeds, lightly toasted, and serve with a freshly baked loaf from Emma's Bread.
- Bon appétit!
- Top tip: for a kick of heat and protein, gently fry some cooked chickpeas in a little paprika and sprinkle on top of the soup. Nice!